Veterans Preference Program
Serving Those Who Have Served Us
Southern Oregon Goodwill® is proud to serve the brave men and women who have sacrificed to serve our country. Goodwill’s Veterans Preference Program is a veterans cohort which provides employment services and peer-to-peer support on their new career journey. Services include work experience at Goodwill, active case management with Employment Specialists, job placement, and help writing business plans.
- Veterans referred to Goodwill for work experience will be placed in a work environment utilizing their current skills, while also providing opportunities to gain new skills.
- Participants will receive an Employment Specialist who will: help strengthen their skill sets through training and mentoring, address any areas of needed improvement; address other situations which could inhibit securing and maintaining employment; and help place them into a meaningful career matching their aptitude, experience, and desires.
- Participants will have free access to Southern Oregon Goodwill Learning Lab classes, including admission to all classes (GED, vocational certification, computer skill building, etc.).
- Participants can apply to in-house job postings at Southern Oregon Goodwill seven days prior to the job being posted to the public.
- All participants will be part of a special “Veterans Cohort” within Southern Oregon Goodwill, which will meet monthly and be led by a fellow veteran and Southern Oregon Goodwill employee. Meetings are to offer confidentiality within the cohort providing an open forum with other veterans to address topics of common interest or concern.
- Participation is voluntary and members can choose their length of engagement
For more information and to connect with the program, veterans can visit the Goodwill Employment & Training offices in Douglas, Jackson, Josephine, and Klamath counties or call the Area Director for each office:
Douglas County: Tehren Randleas, Director of Workforce Development, 541-677-0275 or email@example.com.
Josephine County: Tehren Randleas, Director of Workforce Development, 541-955-5253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jackson County: Kristi Bonham, Senior Director of Workforce Development, 541-772-3300 or email@example.com.
Klamath and Lake Counties: Rich Ortiz, Director of Workforce Development, 541-884-9642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.