Planning & Achieving Goals
Goodwill provides job training and employment counseling for people who face barriers to finding and keeping a job, including people with disabilities or life-changing injuries, recipients of public assistance, military veterans, people with criminal history, and people with limited education or work history.
Our mission is carried out through a variety of programs and services, all with one goal — to help people with disadvantages become more successful, productive, and independent.
Job placement services assist people in finding employment at a sustainable wage. Services in programs listed below may include a combination of the following:
- Skills assessment and counseling to examine options and explore careers to determine a career path
- Developing a job search plan based on the individual’s skills and circumstances
- Resource coordination to identify needs and available community resources
- Job search preparation from developing resumes to developing answers to interview questions
- Job search assistance and support
- Business plan and start-up support
- Some of the programs may also include training and support services
Eligibility varies by program, location and service. To find out more about how to qualify for services, contact your local Goodwill Workforce Development office.