Digital Skills Classes
- Digital skills assessment – (Baseline assessment of computer and digital skills for use in determining future classes)
- Intro to computers – (Intro to using a computer for novices)
- Internet basics – (Includes accessing websites, security tips to protect devices, filling out online forms, and more)
- Microsoft Word – (Beginner’s intro to using Microsoft Word and applications)
- Google-applied Digital Skills – (Introduction to Google tools)
Don’t know where to start? Come take a digital skills assessment to build your own learning plan.
You can contact your local Job Connection for schedules**:
**Job Connection Centers and Main Office Closed During Two-Week “Freeze”
To comply with the governor’s two-week “freeze” mandate, our Job Connection Centers in Jackson, Douglas, and Klamath counties will be closed until at least Wednesday, Dec. 2. If all goes well, we plan to reopen with normal hours on Thursday, Dec. 3, with the new Orientation and Fast Track programs back in effect.
SOGI headquarters at 11 W. Jackson will also be closed to the public for the same period of time.
Retail stores are not currently part of the new “freeze” rules, so our stores and donation sites will remain open normal hours. We will continue to ensure that appropriate precautions are being taken, including frequent cleaning/disinfection, mask requirements for staff and customers, reduced store capacity, and other measures that align with OHA, OSHA, and CDC guidelines.
Thank you for your continued support!
Virtual Services are still available
If you’re not ready for in-person help, job seekers can access virtual services online on weekdays. First, visit this page to schedule a virtual appointment for assistance to develop an effective job search strategy and the ability to seek work with area employers. Our staff will work individually with you to identify your work skills, experience, and interests in order to provide job leads, interviews, and placement.