Southern Oregon Goodwill is
for DIY costumes on a budget — where every dollar you spend gives back to your community
When you are watching every dollar, Goodwill is the choice where you can find unique and affordable costumes at Goodwill and look like you spent a lot more money. Find kids costumes, adult Halloween costumes, couples costumes, pets costumes, scary Halloween costumes, silly costumes or vamp it up with a sexy Halloween costume.
Goodwill is a trusted Halloween DIY expert. People have been making their Halloween costumes from Goodwill finds for many years. The best way to save at Halloween is to use your imagination. Goodwill offers unique gently used items and new accessories to help you put together the perfect costume without breaking the bank. And you don’t have to worry about having the same costume as someone else at a Halloween party. People have been shopping at Goodwill for Halloween for many years, long before it was trendy.
Suit Up for Halloween by finding clothing staples like a black dress, a plaid shirt, or a pair of boots to build your unique costume. If you want new items, like a wig, a hat, a cape, bright stockings or a mask for your Halloween costume, Goodwill has those, too. But shop early because October is Goodwill’s busiest month of the year for visitors. At Goodwill we often say Halloween is busier than the Christmas holiday season. Goodwill has Halloween makeup tips online and in-store by asking a store associate. Makeup tutorials include cat, pirate, zombie, aging adult, witch, vampire, fairy princess, and more.
Shop at Goodwill for your Halloween costume and decoration needs. By purchasing items at Goodwill, you are supporting your local community and helping people find jobs. Revenue from your Halloween purchases fund job training programs and career services that help people find work, earn paychecks and support their families — right here in Southern Oregon.
Need costume ideas? Check out Goodwill’s Pinterest boards for unique Halloween costumes. We’re hearing that superheroes, video game characters, vampires, and zombies are popular this year. (If you like zombies, don’t miss out on Goodwill’s Running Dead 5K on October 22 in Medford, OR). You can follow along with Southern Oregon Goodwill with inspiration from September 1 to October 31 on our Facebook page and Instagram for costume ideas.
- Batman characters
- Video game character
- Slasher movie villain
- Star Wars character
**Just to name a few
Halloween Costume Match Up
You can use this fun costume match up game below to really mix things up this year! Watch out for this poster’s vigilante vampire costume!
Here’s a few Halloween tips on how to make your costume and parties memorable:
- Goodwill gets new inventory every day. Check back regularly to find the Halloween pieces you need.
- Makeup can make your costume! Watch Goodwill’s do-it-yourself tutorials at Goodwill’s national Halloween website and Halloween Costume builder online.
- Not sure what to wear, our friendly associates have Look Books to help you be inspired in any aisle of a Goodwill store to build your unique costume.
- Looking for an eco-friendly way to celebrate Halloween? Buy reused items at Goodwill and live a more sustainable lifestyle.
- If you are crafty, Goodwill is a great resource for Halloween decor and costumes. Check out a Pinterest board, like SO Goodwill’s Halloween costume board for inspiration (Pinspiration as we call it) and use your local Goodwill as the place to find the elements to make your haunted treasures.
After the party, consider donating your gently used items to your local Goodwill. Not only is it the eco-friendly thing to do, but your donation will help fund programs that create jobs in your community.
Goodwill is Halloween Headquarters!
Every 23 seconds of every business day, a person served by Goodwill earns a good job. Every second of every day, another person accesses Goodwill opportunities to build careers and strong families.