Job Connection Centers and Main Office Closed During Two-Week “Freeze”; Stores Remain Open with Continued Safety Measures in Place
To comply with the governor’s two-week “freeze” mandate, our Job Connection Centers in Jackson, Douglas, and Klamath counties will be closed until at least Wednesday, Dec. 2. If all goes well, we plan to reopen with normal hours on Thursday, Dec. 3, with the new Orientation and Fast Track programs back in effect.
SOGI headquarters at 11 W. Jackson will also be closed to the public for the same period of time.
Retail stores are not currently part of the new “freeze” rules, so our stores and donation sites will remain open normal hours. We will continue to ensure that appropriate precautions are being taken, including frequent cleaning/disinfection, mask requirements for staff and customers, reduced store capacity, and other measures that align with OHA, OSHA, and CDC guidelines.
Visitors to our stores can expect the following changes to their Goodwill experience:
- Masks or face coverings are required for staff and visitors age 5 years and older
- Limits on the number of guests allowed in per building occupancy to ensure optimal social distancing per person
- Social distancing markers and lane restrictions throughout our buildings
- Fitting rooms and restrooms may be closed to the public
- Our staff members are wearing gloves and cleaning frequently-touched surfaces including door handles, carts, register areas, etc.
- Plexiglass guards are placed between staff and customers
- Contactless procedures practiced at the registers
Business Changes due to COVID-19 Crisis
Because of the financial setbacks of the pandemic and other factors, there are several changes to our business operations. We are unable to reopen the Sutherlin retail store, the Good & Will boutique in Ashland, and the As-Is outlet in Grants Pass. Our donation center in Medford has permanently moved from Fir Street to 2077 Lars Way in W. Medford. We will no longer accept donations behind our main office at 11 W. Jackson Street. The donations trailers at North Fred Meyers in Medford and at Williams Hwy Safeway in Grants Pass are not currently in operation. By closing, we keep our strained and limited resources focused on funding our mission to provide employment-based training to people with challenging life circumstances in the counties we are still able to serve. In every possible case, staff impacted by these closures were offered opportunities to join teams at other SO Goodwill locations.
Thank you for your support and understanding of the new safety procedures and limited hours. Stay well. Welcome back!
Southern Oregon Goodwill