Southern Oregon Goodwill® reopens Week of May 11
As announced in Shae Johns’ letter to the community, as of Monday, May 11, Southern Oregon Goodwill is open to shoppers, donors, and job seekers — operating under an abundance of caution and diligence with new safety procedures.
On Monday, May 11, six of our retail stores reopened: Ashland, Central Point, Klamath Falls, Medford, Roseburg, and White City. Our Grants Pass store at 346 Beacon Drive opened on Friday, May 15. Store hours at all retail stores are 10 AM to 7 PM daily, and donations are accepted the same hours.
Our donation locations have implemented contactless operations and our staff are wearing gloves and masks. Donors are asked to unload and sort their items into categorized bins, and all donations are quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours and/or are disinfected before going into a store production area to limit potential exposure. Donors can still receive an IRS acceptable receipt to their email inbox using our new paperless receipt option.
In addition to donations lanes at stores, Goodwill operates a drive-thru donation site at 2077 Lars Way in Medford, off of Sage Road in West Medford’s industrial park. Hours are daily 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
As-Is Outlet hours are:
- Medford (4 W 3rd St.) is open Tuesday – Saturday, 930 AM to 5 PM.
- Klamath Falls (3401 Washburn Way) is open daily, 930 AM to 5 PM.
Job Connection centers are open again with some schedule changes:
- Ashland (310 Oak Street), is open Monday, and Wednesday from 10 AM to 4 PM.
- Medford (11 W. Jackson St.), is open Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Friday from 10 AM to 4 PM.
- Klamath Falls (3401 Washburn Way), is open weekdays from 9 AM to 4 PM.
As a free service to the community, Goodwill Job Connection centers offer computers and other resources for job searches, resume creation, job applications, etc. Community members can also access classes for computer skills, GED exam prep, and National Retail Federation certifications. These programs are even offered virtually.
Our Siskiyou County office in Yreka is operates a community food pantry service and other community integration training programs. We will reopen employment and training services in Douglas and Josephine counties as soon as possible.
Visitors to our stores and Job Connections can expect the following changes to their Goodwill experience:
- Masks or face coverings are required for staff and visitors age 5 years and older
- Limits on the number of guests allowed in per building occupancy to ensure optimal social distancing per person
- Social distancing markers and lane restrictions throughout our buildings
- Fitting rooms and restrooms may be closed to the public
- Our staff members are wearing gloves and cleaning frequently-touched surfaces including door handles, carts, register areas, etc.
- Sneeze guards are placed between staff and customers
- Contactless procedures practiced at the registers
Business Changes due to COVID-19 Crisis
Because of the financial setbacks of the pandemic and other factors, there are several changes to our business operations. We are unable to reopen the Sutherlin retail store, the Good & Will boutique in Ashland, and the As-Is outlet in Grants Pass. Our donation center in Medford has permanently moved from Fir Street to 2077 Lars Way in W. Medford. We will no longer accept donations behind our main office at 11 W. Jackson Street. The donations trailers at North Fred Meyers in Medford and at Williams Hwy Safeway in Grants Pass are not currently in operation. By closing, we keep our strained and limited resources focused on funding our mission to provide employment-based training to people with challenging life circumstances in the counties we are still able to serve. In every possible case, staff impacted by these closures were offered opportunities to join teams at other SO Goodwill locations.
Thank you for your support and understanding of the new safety procedures and limited hours. Stay well. Welcome back!
Southern Oregon Goodwill